Thursday 24 October 2013

Ready for the Sofa and Popcorn

These last few weeks have been a little bit hectic so I haven’t had as much time to sit down and watch as many films as I normally would (boo!). But I do have a few that I’ve bought recently (there’s always time for shopping, right?!) and that I am eagerly awaiting to see, so I thought I would do a post about them instead.

1. The Brass Teapot (2013)
I bought this film after seeing it in the iTunes film chart. Honestly it was the name of the film that drew me to it – it’s a bit of an odd title isn’t it?! After watching the trailer and reading what it was about – a magical teapot that spews money whenever you hurt yourself – I decided it might be worth a watch (plus it was relatively cheap!). The plot does sound rather odd and unusual, which was the reason I was drawn to it as I love films which try and do something a bit different. It’s certainly original, although I suppose you could say it’s a peculiar take on the story of Aladdin. But I must admit I am a bit worried that the plot might turn out to be overly stupid, to the point where it becomes irritating rather than funny…hopefully that won’t be the case.

Watch the trailer.



2. Oz the Great and Powerful (2013)
I bought this because I love all things Disney so this film is very much up my street. It is based on the Wizard of Oz, but instead of the story of Dorothy it follows the tale of the infamous Wizard and how he came to be. I love watching new adaptations and re-imaginations of classic tales so, for me, this film has a lot of appeal. The cast also looks great and I particularly like the casting of James Franco as Oz. Not so sure about Mila Kunis as the wicked witch though…it’s quite hard to picture.

Watch the trailer.
 3. Up (2009)
I’ve heard so many good things about this film that I am really intrigued to see what all the fuss is about. Everyone I know that has seen it didn’t have a bad word to say about it so I am expecting great things! The film is all about exploring, adventure and fulfilling dreams – it seems to have all of the qualities you would expect from a Disney film really. I have heard it is quite sad in places, but judging by the title, I expect this film will have more highs than lows.

Watch the trailer.
4. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
I absolutely love the Marvel films – Iron Man and Spiderman being my particular favourites. After recently watching The Avengers, it made me want to know more about the other characters so I’m starting with the great big green hulking man! The film has an interesting story and it looks action-packed. I’m just intrigued to see how Edward Norton does as Dr. Bruce Banner, as I thought Mark Ruffalo was excellent as the Hulk in The Avengers.

Watch the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment